By Jacqueline Corcoran
Considering the many hats parents and educators wear daily, sometimes it’s hard to remember the many unique positives of sending our students out on a Field Trip. The logistics can be daunting, the coordination a challenge, and the disruption of the day-to-day routines – just a total pain.
Guess what? We understand you. Whether it’s staying local or going out-of-town, sometimes these expeditions can seem more burdensome than beneficial. As parents we have all been there!
NOW LET US CONVINCE YOU WHY YOU SHOULD EMBRACE THE FIELD TRIP!
- Field Trips allow for exploration outside of the classroom
- Student engagement is increased when children connect in a new environment or situation.
- Experiential learning allows students to think differently or understand new things, and to re-adjust if things don’t go as expected the first time.
- Broadening horizons and getting out of a predictable environment helps prepare kids for real-life.
- Often times multi-sensory learning experiences can bring one dimensional lessons to life, and create enthusiasm for a subject that is hard to replicate at school.
SO NOW WHAT?
Well, maybe take a trip down memory lane, and think about what you yourself remember from school? What experiences helped shape you who you are today? Maybe a unique group project, a special visiting speaker, or even a field trip are part of that picture? Perhaps something out-of-the-box experience in your scholastic life helped spark that current passion or curiosity?
Often trying something new for the first time and occasionally getting out of your comfort-zone helps students realize their full potential.
We at Wild Blue Ropes certainly think that’s definitely something to get EXCITED about! (Did we mention FREE coffee for parent chaperones & teachers?)
To learn more about our Field Trip programs or book your WBR Field Trip, head to https://wildblueropes.com/groups/ or call us directly at (843)225-1555. We would LOVE to work with your students!